Goals

My Current Goals:
1. Finish a 5K Race at my personal best. ~Achieved!
2. Run the Jul 21st 5K Race at a 10-min mile pace or less.
3. Win 3rd Place in my age division.
4. Win 1st Place in my age division.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ironstrength Workout.


I plan to start doing the above workout soon (click on the title under the picture to see it). More on that in just a minute.

This morning I woke up early to pain in both knees. I was trying to ignore it, but as soon as I got out of bed and stood up, the pain intensified, and I could barely walk. I stumbled into the kitchen like an old lady, took two ibuprofen, and went back to bed. Thankfully, when I got back up again and walked around for awhile, the pain had lessened and I was able to walk normally again.

It's a good thing I listened to my body yesterday and stopped running when I did. I thought about resting today and not doing any kind of workout, but changed my mind when I returned home from taking my daughter to Pre-K and decided to do a fairly easy, 30-minute strength/aerobic workout and did the low impact version, taking it easy on anything that would put stress on my knees. I wanted to be smart about it, but not wimp out, either.

Then this afternoon I came across the Runner's Ironstrength workout, pinned up on Pinterest. I have to admit, it looks hard to me right now at my current level of fitness, but I think it might be just what the doctor ordered.

Tomorrow is a run day, so I'm hoping my knees will recover enough by then. I plan to rest as much as I can for the rest of the day, and do some stretching exercises that are specifically for knee pain. Assuming I'm better by tomorrow, I'll start the Ironstrength workout on Saturday and continue it twice per week after that.

I also want to start eating better. I have strayed from the diet this week, but today I'm getting back on track and making a deal with myself: If I'm going to have something that isn't a clean food and nutrient-rich (like lowfat ice cream or frozen yogurt, my main weakness), then I have to cut it in half, and the other half has to be a clean food. Today, for example, instead of having a full cup of vanilla low fat ice cream after lunch, I had 1/2 cup with 1/2 cup of strawberries. Funny, it actually filled me up more and was much more satisfying than ice cream alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment