Goals

My Current Goals:
1. Finish a 5K Race at my personal best. ~Achieved!
2. Run the Jul 21st 5K Race at a 10-min mile pace or less.
3. Win 3rd Place in my age division.
4. Win 1st Place in my age division.

Monday, June 4, 2012

4 miles!


I did it. My first 4 miles, and without stopping. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be! Felt so good.

My pace was a bit slower, 12:02, instead of my usual 11-something, but my legs were pretty stiff today. Exertion-wise, I could have run faster, but my legs just wouldn't cooperate. In fact, when I was nearing 3 miles, my legs were getting so stiff that I had to literally force my legs to keep running.

I used music this time. I don't have an i-pod or MP3 player yet, so I just played the music that's on my phone. So there I was, running down the road with music blaring from my pocket. It was the first time I ran with music, and I think I'm going to make it a regular habit now. It gave me something to focus on besides running, and made the time go by so much faster. Not to mention giving me that little 'umph' now and then. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment