Goals

My Current Goals:
1. Finish a 5K Race at my personal best. ~Achieved!
2. Run the Jul 21st 5K Race at a 10-min mile pace or less.
3. Win 3rd Place in my age division.
4. Win 1st Place in my age division.

Monday, June 4, 2012

1.75 on Wed; a GREAT 3 on Fri; and a flip-flop run on Sat

It wasn't until Wednesday that the weather from the tropical storm improved enough for me to run. It was an especially tough run that day, too, and I was only able to run 1.75 miles. Friday, however, was a different story altogether. For the first time, running 3 miles felt...well, almost easy! I hope it's because I'm finally getting stronger and not just because it happened to be cloudy with a light rain that day, making the heat more bearable.

I can't tell you how good it felt to not want to stop and walk at any point during the 3 miles. In fact, I was tempted to sprint the last mile, but made myself hold back.

Then Saturday, I felt so energetic. I drove out to my brother's house to park so we could walk to the beach from there, but instead of walking, I jogged. In my flip-flops, no less. While pushing my 56-lb daughter in a 10-lb Graco stroller (at least, it feels like it weighs 10 lbs. LOL). My leg muscles felt a little tight after running in my flip flops, but after a few minutes, I was fine. I had a blast swimming and playing with my daughter in the tidal pool that had formed on the beach, and, thanks to neglecting my back with the sunscreen spray, wound up with a nice sunburn to prove it. Thank the dear Lord for aloe.

Tomorrow morning, or rather, several hours from now as it is after midnight, I will (for real this time) be running my first 4-miler. Let's hope I can get up early to do it, as it's supposed to be a scorcher tomorrow! Better get to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment